Hello Everyone,
So its been a while since I last wrote a post and I have not only been super busy but I've also been struggling to find topics to talk about.
Don't worry though, because over the past few days I have planned projects and outfits, that will be showcased on my blog over the next few weeks to keep you all entertained!
Last week though, I had my first photo-shoot with Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) since winning the competition back in April, for a car service advert. Now lots of people have been asking me over the past few months since I won the competition if I'm a model. Now, I want to make it clear that I'm really not. Although I would love to be one it's just not something I'm not that passionate about.
Of course I follow models on social media such as Kate Moss, Cara Delevingne, Kendell Jenner, Miranda Kerr etc. All these women are professional models and even though their job can look glamorous and enjoyable, its honestly something I've never wanted to do as a full time career.
People always ask why, and it's because I'm not the tallest person and I prefer just doing fun amateur shoots because they aren't as stressful.
Although I have had a little bit of experience when it comes to being in front of the camera in a studio, which is why I decided to do a post for all of you out there, who are just starting out as models (whether its freelancing or you've joined an agency or you have just been asked to do a shoot as a favour) whatever the reason maybe, I've come up with a few tips to help you out if you've never done anything like it before:
(You don't have to follow or agree to them, this is just my personal opinion)
1. Show up to shoot with a nice clean and makeup free face, clean shaven and clean hair.
2. Practice your poses and faces the night before.
3. Wear comfy clothes to the shoot and be on time.
4. Bring water and a few snacks, shoots can make you very hungry.
5. When the shoot begins, do not slouch; it's important to have good posture.
6. If you don't necessarily like what they've done to your hair or make up, then just forget its all there the photos will still turn out fantastic.
7. Do not do the same pose over and over again, mix it up!
8. Don't be too tensed, relax and just go with it!
9. Be confident but not cocky. You want to leave a good lasting impression on the photographer/whoever hired you.
10. Finally, don't be nervous. The best trait that the photographer would love to see more of, is just you being yourself and having fun with all of it.
So there we have it just a few tips and tricks on how to go about doing your first ever photo shoot!
To check out a few visuals from my photo shoot head over to my Instagram, I'm not a model remember guys, I just do it because it's fun!
Have a great long weekend ahead and Selmat Hari Raya to all my Muslim readers!
X
ALEX

No comments:
Post a Comment