Friday, 3 October 2014

Day Out in Little India




 Sunglasses: Cotton On $10

 Playsuit: Topshop $79
 Plaid Jacket: Topshop $73-$76
 Bag: Michael Kors (Price Unknown)



 Boots: NewYorker $16
Socks: Topshop $13

A few days ago I went to down to Little India for some lunch. The festival 'Deepavali' which means 'Row of Lights' is happening soon on the (Thursday 23rd of October) so Little India has a load of little stalls, markets and places to eat. It was a very hot day, and we decided to go exploring. We ended up on top of a carpark, and the view was amazing so I decided to take my photos up there. In the background you can see all the old brick roof shophouses which have been there for years and then next to them is a new Indian Heritage Centre, which has just opened. The one thing I do love and find unique about Singapore is that even if it is a modern city, growing and changing each day, you do still find the small cultural places which will never change, so its resembling the mix of old and new. It's like going back in history then walking about 500m down the road and soaring into the future.
I also decided to be a bit cultural myself and got some Henna done for $5. I use to get it a lot as I grew up in the Middle East it was a normal thing to do out there. But I haven't done it in a while and I still get amazed by how talented these women are, coming up with a design from the top of their head.
Lipstick: M.A.C Matte Diva A83

X

ALEX

No comments:

Post a Comment