Sunday, 3 May 2015

SPH Car Ambassador 2015


Hello Everyone!

This post is not really going to be about my outfit of the day/night, its going to be more of what happened to me last weekend. So for those of you who don't follow me on my personal or petite-canvas Instagram you may not know, that I won a competition to be Singapore's Press Holding Car Ambassador 2015.

My journey began when my mum spotted the ad in the paper and said 'there's not height requirement, you should give it a try'. So I did. I managed to get through the auditions and was in the Semi - Finals. I had my first photo shoot with Mazda and Volkswagen, which came out in the Straits Times. Then amazingly I got into the Finals and we had to answer two questions: one of them being 'What is your best trait and how will you use it in this pageant?' My answer was simple: 'My determination, because whenever anyone tells me I can't do something, my immediate reaction would be to prove them wrong and show them, that I can do it'. The final question was 'If you could drive any car away today, what car would it be and why?' I chose the Nissan 350z because its got a gorgeous interior and custom body kit. It was actually Nissan's first sports car and I love the colour black on a car because like Karl Lagerfeld always says 'One is never over or under dressed in a little black dress' and its the same with cars.'

After all that, judges deliberated and what then came to my surprise was I had won my first ever beauty pageant competition - additionally being the youngest contender to ever win this competition. Even though its been a week since it all happened I still have butterflies thinking about it.

I received $50,000 worth of prizes, I shall be posting some of them up on my Instagram so head over there to check them out. Petitecanvas Some of the prizes included, an MBA at TEG International College worth $16,800, $722 worth of HABA Make Up, a Powershot G7x Canon Camera worth $799 and a 3D2N Cruise on StarCruises worth $2040 and many more.

I am so thankful for everyone who came down to the event, & supported me throughout the whole competition, I can't thank you all enough. I'm very excited to see what the rest of the year holds for me and to face all the new challenges up ahead.

Here are some photos from the event last week!

- Wearing Puma in all the photos -

MUCH LOVE

X

ALEX


















































No comments:

Post a Comment